Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Country Music Association (CMA) Awards are TONIGHT!


I used to be a real awards show junkie. I would look forward to them all! ...and watch 'em from start to finish. I don't have so much time to do that anymore, and plus Bruce doesn't really get into them too much. One that I try really hard to watch every year still however is the CMAs. They are on tonight on ABC, beginning at 7:00.



2008 Final Nominees


Entertainer of the Year
Kenny Chesney
Brad Paisley
George Strait
Sugarland
Keith Urban
Oooohhh I can't decide....I LOVE Brad Paisley and Keith Urban, but George is a legend!!!! Where is a woman????? Well, all right...there is a woman in Sugarland, I guess, isn't there....


Female Vocalist of the Year
Alison Krauss
Miranda Lambert
Martina McBride
Taylor Swift
Carrie Underwood
My favorite is Martina still, but I also like Taylor and Carrie and they are just HUGE right now so I think it will be one of them.


Male Vocalist of the Year
Kenny Chesney
Alan Jackson
Brad Paisley
George Strait
Keith Urban
See entertainer of year above...same comments....


New Artist of the Year
Jason Aldean
Rodney Atkins
Lady Antebellum
James Otto
Kellie Pickler
I like Rodney and James, but my fave is Lady Antebellum.


Vocal Group of the Year
Eagles
Emerson Drive
Lady Antebellum
Little Big Town
Rascal Flatts
I like Lady Antebellum, but Rascal Flatts has been awesome!


Vocal Duo of the Year
Big & Rich
Brooks & Dunn
Montgomery Gentry
Sugarland
The Wreckers
Ehhhh...I don't know...not my favorite category...B&D will probably win, but I like Montgomery Gentry.


Single of the Year(Award goes to Artist and Producer)
"Don’t Blink"Kenny ChesneyProduced by Buddy Cannon and Kenny Chesney
"Gunpowder & Lead"Miranda LambertProduced by Frank Liddell and Mike Wrucke
"I Saw God Today"George StraitProduced by Tony Brown and George Strait
"Stay"SugarlandProduced by Byron Gallimore, Kristian Bush and Jennifer Nettles
"You’re Gonna Miss This"Trace Adkins
I love George Strait's song, or else Trace's.


Album of the Year(Award goes to Artist and Producer)
Carnival RideCarrie UnderwoodProduced by Mark Bright
Cowboy TownBrooks & DunnProduced by Kix Brooks, Tony Brown, Ronnie Dunn and Bob DiPiero
Good TimeAlan JacksonProduced by Keith Stegall
Just Who I Am: Poets & PiratesKenny ChesneyProduced by Buddy Cannon and Kenny Chesney

TroubadourGeorge StraitProduced by Tony Brown and George Strait

Hmmmm...don't know....


Song of the Year(Award goes to Songwriter and Primary Publisher)
“Good Time”Alan Jackson
“I Saw God Today”Rodney Clawson
“Letter To Me”Brad Paisley
“Stay”Jennifer Nettles
“You’re Gonna Miss This”Ashley Gorley

I saw God or You're Gonna Miss This

Musical Event of the Year(Award to each Artist)
Josh Turner featuring Trisha Yearwood“Another Try”
Reba McEntire and Kenny Chesney“Every Other Weekend"
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss“Gone Gone Gone”
Sugarland featuring Little Big Town and Jake Owen“Life In A Northern Town
Kenny Chesney (duet with George Strait)“Shiftwork”

Probably....Sugarland one....


Music Video of the Year(Award goes to Artist and Director)
“Don’t Blink”Kenny Chesney
“Good Time”Alan Jackson
“Stay”Sugarland
“Waitin’ On A Woman”Brad Paisley
“You’re Gonna Miss This”Trace Adkins

Ummmmm.....I don't think I've seen any of 'em......


Musician of the Year
Jerry Douglas – Dobro
Paul Franklin – Steel Guitar
Dann Huff – Guitar
Brent Mason – Guitar
Mac McAnally – Guitar

No comments: